Doogue O’Brien George is regarded as Melbourne’s premier criminal law firm with respect to Court appeals. We handle some of the larger appeal cases before the Victorian Court of Appeal , including appeals against murder convictions and appeals against sex trial convictions. Would you like to seek to appeal a decision by the Court?
Appealing against a sentence or a conviction is a complicated process. Here you will find information that give you a good indication of timelines and a better understanding of the appeals process. It is important that you fully understand how an appeal case works and what you should expect from a solicitor in an appeal case.
Whether you are appealing a conviction or a sentence, the process is complex and involved. Doogue O’Brien George are vastly experienced and can assist you in appeals matters as follows:
- Sentence Appeal to County Court from Magistrates Court
- Conviction Appeal to the County Court from the Magistrates Court
- Conviction Appeal from County Court or Supreme Court to the Court of Appeal
- Sentence Appeal from County Court or Supreme Court to the Court of Appeal
- Crown Appeal
- Appeals to the High Court